People of all ages suffer from shoulder pain or discomfort. It consists of bones, ligaments, joints and muscles, and tendons, among other things. Shoulder discomfort can be severe or dull if any of these essential components of the shoulder are injured.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
Misuse of the shoulders or arms, accident, or disease can all result in shoulder damage. The rotator cuff tendons frequently become entangled beneath the bones of the shoulders. This irritates and inflames the tendons, resulting in discomfort. Bursitis is the medical term for this problem and is the most common shoulder pain experienced.
Shoulder pain may also be caused by:
- A broken or injured shoulder
- Dislocation of the shoulder
- Bone Spurs in the shoulder, back, or neck
- Frozen shoulder
- Over or underuse of the shoulders or arms
- Tears or injuries of tendons in the shoulders, back, or arms
- Poor posture
Treating Shoulder Pain At Home
Treating shoulder pain can be done in the comfort of your own home. By following these few easy steps, the shoulder discomfort and inflammation may decrease and cause the shoulder to heal more quickly.
- Icing the shoulder for 15 to 25-minute increments throughout the day as needed can help reduce inflammation. Be sure to wrap the ice in a cloth or bag to avoid frostbite.
- Resting the shoulder for a few days, as well as taking over-the-counter pain medication, may help bring you back to your normal daily routine without so much pain and discomfort.
- Learn exercises that can help stretch the shoulder. This can strengthen the area and help to increase the range of motion.
Other Treatment Options Available
Thankfully, there are plenty of things you can do at home to help manage the shoulder pain. However, seeking out a chiropractor may be the best option for those who experience a more debilitating shoulder pain that keeps them from sleeping at night or working during the day.
Chiropractic Care for shoulder pain does not involve any surgery, medicines, or injections. Instead, a skilled chiropractor will gently manipulate and stretch the spine and joints to their proper alignment.
This will create a better range of motion in the shoulders as well as throughout the entire body. This can help to decrease inflammation and tightness, thus reducing pain and discomfort. The benefits of seeing a chiropractor regularly are endless, including increased sleep and energy and a feeling of well-being.
The use of light is fundamental to Laser therapy medical treatments. The laser works by reducing nerve sensitivity, which subsequently normalizes the cell channels in the body and aids in the production of endorphins. This is the body’s natural method of pain relief.
Laser treatment uses light energy to help reduce pain and inflammation, speed up the healing process in any injured tissues, relax the muscles in the body, and encourage nerve regeneration.
If you or a loved one are living with shoulder pain daily and are looking for pain relief options in the Hudson, Columbia County, Green County, or any other surrounding areas in New York, call KB Chiropractic at (518) 380-2432.