1. Middle Back Stretch
- Stand so your feet are shoulder width apart and your hands are on your hips.
- Twist at your waist until you feel a stretch. Hold for 10 to 15 seconds, then twist to the other side.
2. Spinal Stretch
- Sit in a chair so your back is straight and your feet planted on the floor.
- Interlace your fingers behind your head, elbows out and your chin down.
- Twist your upper body to one side about 3 times as far as you can. Then lean forward and twist your torso to reach your elbow to the floor on the inside of your knee.
- Return to upright position and then repeat for your other side.
3. Upper Back Stretch
- Clasp fingers together with your thumbs pointing down, round your shoulders as you reach your hands forward.
4. Rhomboid-Foam Roller
- Lay down with your back on the floor. Place a foam roll underneath your upper back, and cross your arms in front of you, protracting your shoulders. This will be your starting position.
- Raise your hips off of the ground, placing your weight onto the foam roll. Shift your weight to one side at a time, rolling over your middle and upper back. Pause at points of tension for 10-30 seconds.